Team Development is an ongoing process and the most benefit comes from frequently returning to ‘the learning environment’ that is created during your team building session. Hiring a professional team building provider is one way to continuously recreate the learning environment. Another excellent way is to learn how to facilitate the team development yourself. We encourage organizations that want to continue to develop their teamwork to take part in a ‘Train the Trainer” program. During our Facilitator Training Program your team will deconstruct the team development process, learning tips and techniques that focus on:
- Trust (laying a foundation for openness and understanding that will allow participants to take risks)
- Conflict (gaining comfort with engaging in unfiltered discussion around important topics)
- Commitment (achieving buy-in for decisions made by the team)
- Accountability (willingness to confront one another about performance and behavioral concerns)
- Results (valuing collective outcomes more than individual recognition).
Utilizing a combination of team building activities and traditional facilitation techniques (flip-charting, brainstorming, etc…) your training program will prepare new facilitators to create a learning environment, increasing the potential for creativity and innovation in your teams.
The training will cover:
- effective sequencing of activities
- types of activities (games, getting-to-know you, initiatives, low elements, trust building)
- framing and debriefing techniques
- building vs. buying your props and equipment
- resources for facilitators
Contact us to design a training program that suits your goals and organizational needs.