Self-led Rotational Team Building
The Team Building DIY is a self-led rotational team building program for groups who require a recreational team building program as opposed to a goals-driven, facilitated team development program. Ideal for large groups and groups with limited financial resources, Team Building DIY gives groups the tools to run their own interactive team building event.
How it Works:
The group is split into teams of 10, and given instruction booklets for a rotational sequence of team challenges. A facilitator is on-hand to teach a leader from each team the ‘how-tos’ of each activity, and to take the large group through a series of ‘deinhibitizer’ activities. Once the teams are set up, the team leaders will lead their group through the rotational activities, and provide further explanation if the instruction booklets do not provide enough information. During this unique team building event, teams will focus on problem-solving, enhanced communication, leadership and trust, while maintaining a less intense, recreational-style of event.
What is the Adventure Challenge?
- Groups will have different roles to fill (leader, scribe, time-keeper, goal-keeper, liaison).
- Facilitators will be available to answer questions and check for safety.
- Groups will rotate from activity to activity, working on communication, problem-solving, and building trust among their members.
- “Time” doesn’t begin until planning is complete, however there is a rotational time limit (usually 25 minutes).
- The Final Challenge will bring everyone together to solve a difficult physical initiative.
The Adventure Challenge is perfect for teams and groups whose only real goals are fun, recreation, and camaraderie. The event can be set up as a friendly competition, have a particular theme, or run for a relatively short period of time (our Mini-Challenge is from 1 to 3 hours long!). When the focus is fun, the Adventure Challenge is a good fit.