Soapbox Derby Team Builder
An exciting and competitive event for smaller groups, the Race Day enhances teamwork through the creation of a Soapbox Derby Racer. Teams of 2 to 5 participants will compete to build, brand and race their vehicle, producing their creation on time and within budget…
Objective – To design, purchase materials, assemble, brand, and race a soapbox derby racer while still remaining as far under budget as possible.
- Teams will be given a budget with which they must design, purchase parts, build, brand, and race their vehicle.
- Teams may choose to purchase plans or to contract the services of a mechanic, however, this will diminish their finances severely.
- Teams must complete the assembly of their vehicles before the race entry deadline.
- Teams are responsible for the “branding” of their team and vehicle.
- Teams should choose the lightest/smallest teammate to drive the racer.
- Following the race, the financial totals for each team will be calculated, the program will be debriefed, and the overall winners will be announced.
The RACE Day Event is a good team building event for teams and groups looking for a highly creative, fast-paced challenge that requires a great deal of teamwork and a little bit of engineering. Your team’s ability to innovate and create a vehicle that is unique (and drivable!) with limited resources (restricted budget, time, and materials) will make the difference between winning and losing the race!